Legally we have to give a coverall policy which covers the end consumer and us from any legality even down to returning an email.
This is our privacy pol;icy that governs the aspect of the site and any other communication formats arising from or orientated towards the promotion, sales and other services supplied by this site and it employees.
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of http://jett-medical.co.uk
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
- What is the source of your personal information?
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
- How can you opt out of marketing communications?
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit this website.
What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history
- Your date of birth, gender and/or age
- Your nationality, if needed for the product or service
- Your medicals details, you have given to us, if applicable for the service or product offered.
- Any Other details, details you have given to us with your own consent if applicable to the product/ products or services offered.
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone number and, if you get in touch with us online using our online services, details such as your mobile phone number, cookies consent and personal details applicable for the business, to operate and serve you, the client.
- Products and services, you hold with us, as well as have been interested in and have held and the associated payment methods used.
- The usage of our products and services, all media formats relative to the use, both prior, at the time, or after any use of our products or services.
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you, if a follow up sales / promotion/ marketing campaign we feel may be of interest to you.
- Information about your health, if applicable to the given to products or services.
- Information about your property, such as your address, both the payment address and delivery address details.
- Insights about you and our customers gained from analysis or profiling of customers
- Where relevant, information about any guarantor which you provide in any application
- Third party transactions; such as where a person other than the account holder uses the service, information about that person and the transaction
What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly, and any information from family members, associates or beneficiaries of products and services
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Assessing an application for a product or service, including considering if to offer you the product or service, the price, the risk of doing so, availability of payment method and the terms
- Managing the product or service you have with us
- Managing any aspect of the product or service
- To make automated decisions on whether to offer you a product or service, or the price, payment method, risk or terms of it
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
- To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- To administer our good governance requirements and those of other members of http://jett-medical.co.uk, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration required by the company or both subsidiary companies or parent companies
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and service, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We’ll may send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels. Offers may relate to any of our products and services, as well as to any other offers and advice we think may be of interest, if applicable to the products or services offered.
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and for the benefit of business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our businesses
- To facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- a) Assessing an application for a product or service you hold with us, including consider whether or not to offer you the product, the price, the payment methods available and the conditions to attach
b) Managing products and services you hold with us, or an application for one
c) Updating your records.
d) Sharing your personal information with business partners and services providers when you apply for a product to help manage your product
e) All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts, illustrations.
f) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making to decide whether to offer you a product and/or service, particular payment method and the price or terms of this
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- a) Managing your products and services relating to that, updating your records.
b) To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
c) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
d) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
e) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
f) To administer our good governance requirements and those of other members of our Group, such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration required for the company process
g) For market research and analysis and developing statistics
h) For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We will send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post and social media and digital channels if we feel it is applicable for the products or services offered.
i) Subject to the appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our customers to business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses
j) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making
k) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- To comply with our legal obligations
- With your consent or explicit consent:
- a) For some direct marketing communications
b) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making
c) For some of our processing of special categories of personal data such as about your health, etc
- For a public interest, such as:
- a) Processing of your special categories of personal data such as about your health, criminal records information (including alleged offences), or if you are a vulnerable customer
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- http://jett-medical.co.uk companies and service providers
- Business partners, for example account beneficiaries, or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business
- Governmental and regulatory bodies.
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions
- Market research organisations who help us to develop and improve our products and services
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
How do we share your information with Payment gateways?
If you have paid either over the phone, online or with an online payment gateway, the details you have given us will be passed to the for them to process the payment for you.
The details we pass to them will be used to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering
- Manage your account(s)
- Assess payment methods available to you
- Trace and recover debts
- Make sure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances
Why do we pass your information to the payment gateways?
To process any payment, we need to safe guard the clients and their details always. We pass the information you have given us, over to the payment gateway providers for them to safeguard your information and to make the payment exchange required for you to be provided with the products or services you have requested to pay for.
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We’ll then update your records if we can.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
What about other automated decision making?
We sometimes make decisions about you using only technology, (for example with payment gateways, for the client to make payment), where none of our employees or any other individuals have been involved. For instance, we may do this to decide: whether to offer you a product or service, to determine the risk of doing so, the price we will offer, what terms and conditions to offer you, or to assess what payment methods we can offer you.
We’ll do this where it is necessary for entering into or performing the relevant contract, is authorised by laws that apply to us, or is based on your explicit consent.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you.
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information, though this will stop the ability of making any payments.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”) which we standardly do within 1 month if we see fit for the business model.
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the applicable website to exercise these rights.
- What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences.
You can opt out of any email or text marketing by following the unsubscribe links in the applicable website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information:
• Name and payment details
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode.
• Other information relevant medical information relevant to the product offered.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To process your order, obtain payment and product processing.
• For Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that, any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.